Our Aim is to:
• Provide high quality of care and education for children below statutory school age;
• Work in partnership with parents to help children learn and develop;
• Add to the life and well-being of the local community.
• Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
The areas of development and learning are split into prime and specific areas.
• Personal, social and emotional development
• Communication and language.
• Physical Development
• Understanding the world
• Expressive art and design
For details of each area, please refer to the Operation Plan in the foyer. Pre-school policies and procedures are available, and we ask parents to take a look through them
We aim to ensure that each child:
• Is in a safe and stimulating environment where children can enjoy playing together under the guidance of friendly qualified adults; through such play they can develop socially, intellectually and personally;
• Is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer parent helpers.
• Increase the child’s language ability and to encourage curiosity and to develop an enquiring mind.
• Enable the children to achieve certain physical goals, such as cutting, washing, balancing, climbing etc;
• Has the chance to join with other children and adults to play, work and learn together;
• Is helped to take forward his/her learning and development by being helped to build on what he/she already knows and can do;
• Is in a setting that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop; and
• Is in a setting in which parents help to shape the service it offers.